Who can become member of CMA?
The membership of the association is open to such individuals and organisations, who perceive, practice, teach or study the science of management.
- Students of any stream of management studies.
- Individual professional (graduate in any stream) with minimum two years’ of managerial experience in any organization.
- Organizations having 20 or more personnel and/or minimum turnover of 50 lakh.
Why become member of CMA?
Chandigarh Management Association is affiliated to All India Management Association (AIMA), which has 67 Local Management Associations (LMAs) across India. CMA has been adjudged as the best LMA (in category IV) for the year 2016-17.
- CMA provides a platform where top professionals from various sectors such as industry, corporate, service, finance, government, defence, academia, etc. come together to share knowledge and experience.
- Over the last 50 glorious years, CMA has been able to create a niche for itself and is contributing significantly to the advancement of the management profession in and around Chandigarh.
- CMA showcases the value of profession and raises the overall recognition of professionals.
- You gain access to the India’s leading network of individuals and organizations promoting management profession.
- You learn best practices about how peers and competitors are keeping their management skills updated.
- Adopt the CMA brand, which is recognized by member, their organizations and other stakeholders who are committed to promote management practices.
- Use CMA initiatives to accelerate your learnings and become champions within your own organization.
- Access to CMA’s intellectual property, resources, photos, videos, social media and communications tools.
Benefits of becoming CMA member
CMA Membership helps to promote professional management practices in all areas and fosters a national managerial ethos. It also provides a forum for mutual sharing of management ideas, experience and expertise. CMA membership recognizes and honours managerial excellence at each level of the organization and represents the interest of the managerial fraternity.
Membership of a respected organization is seen as a plus point and your association with the brand sends the message that you are serious about your profession.
CMA runs professional development events such as lectures, workshops, panel discussions, industrial visits, etc. and publishes blog & periodical, all of which are designed to raise awareness of important issues facing its target audience.
- You will be entitled to attend and participate in the meetings, discussion, lectures and other such management development programmes which are organized by CMA or jointly with any other association from time to time.
- Photocopies of the original sources of the management abstracts available on demand.
- Fora to improve the professional efficiency and productivity of the organization
- Platform to experience the Industry best practices on competitiveness and management expertise.
- Complimentary Monthly CMA eNewsletter
Sometimes the CMA’s events are for members only, or else members are offered a substantial discount, thereby easily covering the cost of membership.
Though the social media has injected steroids into the sport of professional networking, but the real power of CMA lay in the opportunities it affords for local networking.
CMA offers you venues for networking and allows you to connect with your peers and competitors for exchanging best practices to further fine tune your professional skills.
- CMA provides opportunity to meet great people in your own hometown whom you wouldn’t have met otherwise.
- CMA provides networking opportunities with CMA member /corporates / business leaders / entrepreneurs / academicians and other Institutions.
- Opportunity to attend and participate in the meeting, seminars and other such programmes.
- Sharing the issues with members through programs about Indian and Global trends.
CMA provides you with an avenue to “give something back” to the profession, perhaps by presenting at one of CMA’s event or by authoring an article in CMA’s eNewsletter, magazine or blog. While this in itself is an admirable thing to do, it’s a win-win transaction as it also raises your profilein the professional community.
CMA also sponsor annual awards. These awards are important because they shine a light on outstanding work that should be showcased but might otherwise have remained undiscovered.
How to apply for CMA membership?
To apply for membership, Application Form along with subscription is required to be submitted directly to the Membership Division of CMA or you can visit this Membership page for online registration with Chandigarh Management Association.
Before the applicant becomes a CMAian and joins CMA fraternity the application is considered and approved by the Executive Committee of CMA.